Wednesday 19 August 2009

Greengage Jam




When I was about 5 years old, my brother David went to the Royal Masonic School at Bushey. I remember being told about the school tuckshop and what could be bought there. So as he was leaving at the beginning of one of his terms I remember saying, "get me a pot of greengage jam and I will be pleased to come to school to joine you!"

I don't know how I had heard of greengage jam or how the weekly pocket money was distributed or much about the tuckshop. But children have a way of finding out about the nice things on offer!

I must have mentioned it to Christina who is with us now. She went out and bought some greengages and made jam last night. We had some for breakfast, it was delicious. Here is a picture of Christina at breakfast with the jam!

To Nymans Garden later on. Heard a talk about the house followed by a visit. The gardens were magnificent. Lunch followed by my sit down with Olwen allowing Chis and Mum to do more garden prowling.
Then to Olwen's house in Findon Valley for tea fpllwed by more tea at home. An interesting day altogether!

No comments: