Wednesday 30 December 2009

Anniversary Day!




We made it! 60 years of happily married life together. A wonderfull card from the Queen with a nice photo of her and a greetings text. We skyped to Helena and spoke to her and Christina and showed them the card over the video camera. We are quite overcome with flowers and cards and have been made aware of our friends and family's concern.

I would have enjoyed it much more if I had been fit. Kate and Chris visited us and daughter Christina came to us in the evening. As I had been up since 2.30 am I went to bed in the radio room at about 11 pm. To my great surprise I slept till 8 am. The first night's good sleep for a week.

Slowly but slowly,I am miraculously being retored to health. Someone must have been praying for me!

I spoke to David Long for a while and had his congratulations.

On the 31st.with Christina here we tried the cake that Helena had baked for us. It tasted as good as it looked, here is a photo.

1 comment:

Knife said...

Congratulations; nice to see the card HM sent to you.